Resolved

Jan 30, 2013

We all begin every year with new resolution. A new resolution to lose weight, to eat better, to exercise more, to be a better you.The list goes on and we will make every effort in the initial weeks of January to fulfill those resolutions, but as time marches on our resolve somehow goes with it.

As I look ahead into the unknown of 2013, and I think about what my life should be like and the changes I need to make, at the center of it all is an understanding that no amount of effort on my part to be a "better me" is going to add up to any real long-term success. It will go well for a while, and then I will go back to being the same old me I've always been.

Rather than an increase effort to be a better me, it is my heart's desire to simply know God more. I mean really know HIM...the real HIM not a god made up by man. I want everything I do this year, to be centered on knowing Him and loving Him. This is my heart's desire. This is my heart's prayer...Father, help me to know you. Reveal Yourself to me and help me to have the eyes to see what you reveal!

Post a Comment

Ponderings of a Pursuer of God © .