In the Wilderness...God is Faithful and Good!

Jun 7, 2022

 



"All my life You have been faithful, all my life You have been so, so good." 

The words of this song have been running through my mind on repeat as once again I find myself in a wilderness season of life.

He has not just been faithful and good when all is green pastures. But He has been faithful and good in all my wildernesses. Especially in the wilderness. For it is in the wilderness that the Lord our God carries His children, as a man carries his son, all the way that we go... (Deut. 1:21)

So often I am tempted to view God's character through the lens of my circumstances. My circumstances are difficult, therefore, God does not love me and is seeking my harm. But this is a lie from the evil one. God's faithfulness and His goodness are not dependent on my circumstances. With the knowledge of the true character of God in my mind, I can instead view my circumstances through the lens of His faithfulness and goodness, and know that He has brought me to this place so that He can carry me! How beautiful to be carried by our heavenly Father through life's constant struggles and pain!

I don't know where you find yourself today. If you, like me, are looking out over a great and terrifying wilderness, and you don't know how you will ever get across it; know this, we can find hope and peace in the difficult and painful seasons of life because we know that the Lord is faithful and He is good.

So today let us, with every breath that we are able, sing of the goodness of our God!

Grace and peace,

~Cherié

Post a Comment

Ponderings of a Pursuer of God © .