Just around the corner...Women's Bible Study

Jul 30, 2014

Does anybody else feel like summer is flying by?  I have FINALLY begun to warm up after the long, cold winter...and here we are at the end of July with August bearing down us. Soon it will be time to be thinking about school supplies, school buses, the college kids heading back to their dorms. Leaves will begin to change and we will again feel the crisp cool mornings that seem to come with September. While I will be sad to see summer leave us...I am excited for September because that means the fall session of women's Bible study begins!

This fall's session of Bible Study we will be studying the books of 1, 2 & 3rd John. As I have been working my way through these books this past spring and summer, there is a word that jumps off the page over and over again...abide. Abide...to continue in a place to dwell. What a rich word...think about this word in the context of what Jesus said in the gospel of John 15:4:  Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me

To continue in to dwell in God...what does that mean? How do we do this? We do this through consistent and intentional study of the Word of God with the goal of knowing HIM. What a gracious gift it is that God has given to us in the pages of Scripture! That He would choose to reveal to us who He is in the written Word and that He would preserve for us this Book throughout the ages still continues to amaze me! And He did this so that we may KNOW HIM...personally, intimately...so that we would abide in Him, so that we would be continually being changed...becoming more and more like HIM.

So, I would like to extend to you an invitation to join me beginning September 8, 7:00 pm, in learning to abide in Christ through the study of 1, 2 & 3rd John. Registration for this study will be available here on my blog starting August 1.

I am praying that God will open our eyes so that we would be able to see Him more clearly, that our minds and our hearts would have greater and greater understanding of our great God and that this seeing and understanding will lead us to live lives that are fruitful and full of joy. I am looking forward with great anticipation for how God will answer these prayers as we seek to know Him in our fall session of Women's Bible Study! 

See you soon!

Cherie


Post a Comment

Ponderings of a Pursuer of God © .